When theatre happens, we get a taste of what it means to share in the Creator’s abundance.
An empty, formless space is transformed into present-day Manhattan, and suddenly dogs can talk and marriages can be renewed.
A silent space is filled with words. Irish slang and decades of hurt mollified by a kiss.
Where once we were alone, we leave the space of theatre united in new ways to our neighbors and strangers from other places. We have shared an event and talked about what it meant to us individually and corporately. We decide to change. We decide to root ourselves more permanently here, where our lives happen, where art happens, where we create.
Our mission in the Grove City Area is:
- to bring excellent, serious, and seriously entertaining theatre to Grove City audiences at a price affordable for all.
- to educate children, teens, and adults in the practice of theatre by opening all of our productions by audition to all levels of experience.
- to educate children and teens through school-year and summer programs.
- to provide support for new writers by staging new works and works-in-progress.
- to provide support for theatre directors in the form of grants and a summer-in-residence program.
- to mentor the directors of the future by recruiting young directors to stage shows.
- to be a theatre of inclusion that encourages the participation of the disabled on and off-stage.
Support Grove City Theatre